Things You Can Do to Prevent Motor Vehicle Accidents
As Pasadena Car Accident Lawyers know, car accidents are one of the biggest causes of traumatic injury. When you get behind the wheel of a car, you can minimize your chances of getting into an accident greatly by following common sense prevention guidelines. If you do get into an accident, the following advice can help you prevent more serious Injury.
Staying Safe on the Road
Take responsibility when you get behind the wheel. By following these safety tips, you can greatly reduce your chances of being involved in a car accident:
- If you drink, don’t drive. Alcohol related accidents are one of the biggest causes of death and Injury on the road.
- Put your cell phone in the trunk or glove box until you reach your destination. Texting and driving kills.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Follow speed limits and other traffic laws.
- Slow down and leave plenty of extra time when driving in snow or other inclement weather.
- Drive defensively and always leave yourself an out to avoid other drivers in an emergency.
Seeking Proper Treatment After a Car Accident
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, it often takes several hours or days before injury symptoms appear. Call your doctor or go to the emergency room if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Dizzyness, headaches, nausea or fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Numbness in any part of your body
- Trouble waking up
- Bleeding or discharge from your nose or ears
Many of the above symptoms may indicate life threatening conditions. Even without them, it’s safer to get checked out by a doctor after a car accident. A Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney can help you file a claim for injury damages.
At The Paul S. Norris Law Firm, you can consult with a knowledgeable Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer who can review the facts of your case and advise you on how to compensation for your injuries, if necessary. Call (626) 993-4415 to schedule an appointment.