Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Answers Pedestrian Accidents FAQ
If you find yourself in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced Pasadena pedestrian accident attorney from The Paul S. Norris Law Firm. Contacting an experienced attorney who understands the devastating situation you are now in can help you to recover medical costs and lost wages. After an accident, you may be wondering what to do next. These answers to frequent pedestrian accident questions may be able to help you know what the next step is.
Q: What responsibilities does a pedestrian have to avoid traffic accidents?
A pedestrian is responsible for obeying all traffic laws and being aware of the traffic when they are planning on crossing a street. Pedestrians need to be as aware of vehicles as drivers should be aware of pedestrians. If you see a car approaching, do not attempt to cross even if you have the right of way.
Q: What if, as a pedestrian, I am partially responsible for the accident?
If you are partially at fault then you will bear some of the responsibility. The settlement from the insurance company may be reduced depending on how at fault you were for the accident. For example, if you were 50% at fault then your settlement may be reduced by 50%.
Q: I have been injured during a pedestrian accident and want to file a claim. How do I proceed?
There are several things you should do if you are filing a claim for your injury. If you are hoping to get compensated then you will need to do the following:
- Write down everything you can remember from the accident. Be sure to document any injuries you sustained and any wages you have lost because of those injuries.
- Document any conversations you have with anyone in regards to the accident and your claim.
- Gather any physical evidence related to the accident such as pictures of the scene of the accident and injuries you have sustained.
- Find anyone who witnessed the accident to see if they can help provide information for your claim.
- Contact the party responsible for the accident and make them aware that you will be filing a claim. This is especially important if your accident involved a government agency or a government employee.
- Contact a Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyer who can review your claim and help you move forward with it.
Q: Should I hire an attorney?
Hiring a Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyer is highly recommended. An experienced attorney can help you to determine who was negligent as well as gather expert witnesses to help strengthen your case.
Q: How soon after the accident should I file my claim?
Every state has a different statue of limitations so you will need to check the limitations in your state. Speaking with a Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyer immediately after the accident can help you determine when to file your claim.
Q: What can I recover in a pedestrian accident case?
You may be awarded damaged past and future medical expenses, as well as loss of wages and damages for pain and suffering. If a pedestrian dies from their injuries, then the surviving family members will be awarded damages for their loss.
Q: What should I bring to meet with my lawyer?
All related documents and notes that you have written as well as medical bills. The more information you bring to your lawyer, the better.
Contact a Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The Paul S. Norris Law Firm has a Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyer who will fight for your rights! Call (626) 993-4415 today!