Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Cases

A knowledgeable Pasadena Slip and Fall Lawyer can answer frequently asked questions about premises liability cases.

What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?

Pasadena slip and fall Lawyer

Your priority after any accident is to seek appropriate medical treatment and follow your doctor’s advice. Don’t ignore symptoms, especially if you struck your head during the fall. Warning signs of potentially life threatening conditions include:

  • Nausea
  • Shortness of breath
  • Vomiting
  • Bleeding from the nose or ears
  • Extreme fatigue

Seek immediate medical attention if you experience these.

Who is Responsible for My Injuries?

If you were injured on the property of another, the owner may be liable to compensate you. The property owner’s liability depends on your reason for being there. If you were a customer at a store or other place of business, the property owner owes you the highest duty to keep the premises safe. If you were visiting a friend, your friend has a duty to warn you of unsafe conditions that you otherwise wouldn’t have known about. If you were trespassing on the property, the owner may not be responsible for your injuries.

What Kind of Money Damages May I Be Eligible to Receive?

If you can prove the property owner was liable, then you may be eligible to receive compensation such as lost wages, pain and suffering, payment of medical bills, etc. A Personal Injury Attorney can explain more.

What If I Was Hurt at My Friend or Family Member’s Home?

While you may be reluctant to file a claim against a friend or family member, most slip and fall cases are handled by the homeowner’s insurance policy. Therefore, it’s unlikely your friend/family member would pay out of pocket. There are exceptions to this but an attorney can advise you.

Trust your case to an experienced Pasadena Slip and Fall Attorney at The Paul S. Norris Law Firm. Call (626) 993-4415 to set up an appointment for your initial case evaluation.