Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Claims

An experienced Pasadena Car Accident Attorney can answer some of the frequently asked questions concerning car accidents and injury claims.

What Should I Do If I’m in a Car Accident?

Pasadena car accident AttorneyIf you’ve been in a car accident, the most important thing is to take care of your health and safety. Seek medical treatment as soon as you can and go to the hospital, especially if law enforcement recommends it.

You should always call the police after an accident. Don’t rely on promises by the other driver to “handle it between you.”

Do not admit to liability or fault to the other driver or police. Simply exchange insurance information and cooperate with law enforcement.

How Do I File A Claim for Damage to My Vehicle?

If the other driver was at fault, you can file a claim for vehicle damage with their insurance carrier.

Can I Get Compensated for My Injuries?

Again, the question is who was at fault for the accident. Car accidents are viewed as negligence claims. If the other driver failed to act reasonably in ensuring the safety of others on the road then he may be liable for negligence. This failure to act reasonably must have actually caused your injury or been foreseeable.

Will I Have to File a Lawsuit?

Like most law-related answers, it depends. Your attorney can file a claim with the insurance company on your behalf. The insurance adjuster will investigate the claim by asking to see documentation supporting your injuries and any other losses you claim such as earnings or replacement services. If settlement can’t be reached or they refuse to pay, then your lawyer may recommend filing a lawsuit to pursue compensation. If so, your lawyer will prepare the paperwork to file in court for you.

At The Paul S. Norris Law Firm, you can speak to a knowledgeable Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer who can help you understand how your case is valued by the insurance company and file a claim on your behalf. Call (626) 993-4415 to set up an appointment.